Embraer units

Global presence

  • Embraer brings together the best technological and financial conditions, in addition to all production, sales, and service resources. The company has operating units in several places around the world.

  • Brazil

    Faria Lima

    • Embraer S.A.
    • Avenida Brigadeiro Faria Lima, 2170
    • São José dos Campos, São Paulo
    • 12227-901 Brazil
    • Phone: +55 12 3927 1000
    • Fax: +55 12 3927 6600 Ext. 1448
    • Faria Lima
    • Faria Lima
    • Faria Lima

    The history of the Faria Lima unit in São José dos Campos - SP, merges with the creation of Embraer itself. The company started its activities on January 2, 1970; when construction of the administration and operational buildings began in an area next to the campus of the former Aeronautics Technical Center (CTA), which is now the Department of Science and Aerospace Technology (DCTA). The main headquarters' building, located on Avenue Brigadeiro Faria Lima, received the number "2170" as an allusion to that date.

    In order to make the manufacturing of the first aircrafts viable, hangars and other buildings were constructed next to the runway where the São José dos Campos Airport is now located. One of the first hangars to be built was the F-20, with the objective of housing the former Department of Technology (DTE). F-30 was built next, which was used for final assembly, with three parallel lines: the Bandeirante, the Xavante, which was in the middle, and the Ipanema lines.

    As Embraer's main headquarters, the Faria Lima unit is responsible for projects, manufacturing and post-sales support for the commercial, executive and defense aviation markets, besides concentrating various administrative sectors.

    Brasil

    Eugênio de Melo

    • Embraer - Eugênio de Melo
    • Rodovia Presidente Dutra, km 134
    • Distrito Eugênio de Melo, São Paulo
    • 12247-820 Brazil
    • Phone: +55 12 3927 1000
    • Eugênio de Melo - EGM
    • Eugênio de Melo - EGM
    • Eugênio de Melo - EGM

    The Eugênio de Melo unit is located in the district with the same name, in São José dos Campos, SP. It was created in 2000, after Embraer purchased an old deactivated factory. The facilities were recovered in record time and the unit went into operation in January of 2001.

    Focused on tool development and manufacturing activities, the unit builds conduit, welding and metalwork, besides large cabling (assembly of wire harnesses).

    The unit also houses engineering areas for the development of aircrafts, the training and development activities for employees and the Engineering Specialization Program (PEE), which has the objective of preparing recently-graduated engineers in various disciplines in order to work in the aeronautical segment.

    Brazil

    Gavião Peixoto

    • Embraer - Gavião Peixoto
    • Estrada Municipal Euclides Martins, 2170
    • Gavião Peixoto, São Paulo
    • 14813-000 Brazil
    • Phone: +55 16 3338 9000
    • Fax: +55 16 3338 9001
    • Gavião Peixoto - GPX
    • Gavião Peixoto - GPX
    • Gavião Peixoto - GPX

    Located in the municipality of Gavião Peixoto, in the area of Araraquara, SP; the unit was implemented in October of 2001, with the objective of housing the industrial activities of aircrafts for the defense and commercial aviation markets and for flight tests.

    These tests are performed on a 5 thousand meter long and 95 meter wide runway, the largest in Latin America. Prior to its construction, several tests could only be performed abroad.

    In 2003, industrial facilities were inaugurated at the unit with the purpose of housing the production activities of complete wings (structure and systems) for aircrafts belonging to the EMBRAER 190 family.

    Since 2008, the Gavião Peixoto unit is responsible for the final assembly of the Phenom jets, preparing the assembly line to support the cadence necessary for the production of the aircrafts. The plant is also responsible for the assembly of EMBRAER 190 and EMBRAER 195 jet wings, the assembly of the Super Tucano planes and more recently, for the modernization of the Brazilian Air Force's (FAB) F-5 fighter planes.

    Besides this, the unit has an aeronautical Service Center in order to provide support for the models that fly in Brazil and a furniture production area for the Phenom 100, Phenom 300, Legacy 600 and Legacy 650 executive jets.

    Brazil

    Botucatu

    • Indústria Aeronáutica Neiva
    • Av. Alcides Cagliari, 2281
    • Botucatu, São Paulo
    • 18606-855 Brazil
    • Phone: +55 14 3811 2000
    • Fax: +55 14 3811 1936
    • Botucatu - BOT
    • Botucatu - BOT
    • Botucatu - BOT

    The Botucatu unit was created from the incorporation of the Neiva Aeronautics Industry in 1980. Founded in 1954 in Rio de Janeiro, Neiva was installed in the city of Botucatu two years later, where it produced the first national gliders. The company also received attention for its project and manufacturing of light aircraft for initial training and military models until it was subcontracted by Embraer in 1975 to assemble the Embraer-Piper line. In 1980, Neiva became a full subsidiary of Embraer, although it operated as an independent company until 2006.

    The unit currently produces parts and structures for the ERJ 145 and EMBRAER 170/190 family of jets and the Phenom 100 and Phenom 300 fuselage and wings. It is also responsible for the assembly of the fuselage and subsets of the Super Tucano and for the manufacturing of tools and spare parts for Embraer planes that are no longer being produced.

    The unit is also responsible for the production of the Ipanema agricultural plane and for the commercialization, the sale of spare parts and post-sale support of agricultural aviation (www.aeroneiva.com.br).

    Brazil

    Taubaté

    • Rodovia Floriano Rodrigues Pinheiro, 333
    • Taubaté, São Paulo
    • 12042-000 Brazil
    • Taubaté - TTE
    • Taubaté - TTE
    • Taubaté - TTE

    With the Embraer's industrial expansion during the first decade of the 21st century, it became necessary to provide greater agility in customer service and the optimization of the activities, better integrating the logistics of industrial operations. This impelled the decision to create a single Distribution and Logistics Center in order to concentrate the receiving, quality inspection, storage and distribution of raw materials, parts and structures for aeronautical production at Embraer units.

    In order to make it feasible, the company purchased an area of approximately 380 thousand m2, with a constructed area of about 40 thousand m2, in the city of Taubaté, near São José dos Campos. This choice was due to the dimension, to the layout of the industrial area, to the good state of conservation of the buildings constructed in 2005, and above all, to its excellent location. The area can be accessed by four highways (among them are, the Via Dutra, that connects São Paulo to Rio de Janeiro, the two most important cities in the country) and also by the railway, which favors the possible future use of this means of transportation.

    The Taubaté unit went into operation on July 10, 2008. In August of 2010, the transfer of the raw material cutting activity was concluded, which was being done at the Faria Lima unit, the company's headquarters in São José dos Campos. With this, the industrial activities were also added to the unit. Since then, the Taubaté unit has been responsible for logistics operations, for the cutting of raw materials, for planning activities and for the programming, execution and supply of cut raw materials, servicing not only the Embraer units, but the entire subcontracted chain.

    Brazil

    São José dos Campos

    • ELEB Equipment LTDA
    • Rua Itabaiana, 40
    • São José dos Campos, São Paulo
    • 12237-540 Brazil
    • Phone: +55 12 3935 5211
    • Fax: +55 12 3935 5284
    • Embraer Liebherr Equipamentos do Brasil S.A - ELEB
    • Embraer Liebherr Equipamentos do Brasil S.A - ELEB
    • Embraer Liebherr Equipamentos do Brasil S.A - ELEB

    The origin of ELEB Equipamentos Ltda. Goes back to the 70's when Brazil and Italy decided to develop a new military program together – the AMX tactical fighter plane. The program included the transfer of know-how associated to development technology and the production in Brazil of landing gear systems and hydraulic components for the aeronautical industry. Embraer was responsible for bringing this type of technology to the country, which resulted in the creation of the Embraer Equipment Division (EDE), in 1984.

    In 1999 the Division became a company after a joint venture between Embraer and the European company Liebherr Aerospace SAS, which then became Embraer Liebherr Equipamentos do Brasil S.A. (ELEB). With 60% of the shares being controlled by Embraer and 40% by Liebherr, ELEB incorporated most of EDE's assets and received major investments, integrating several new businesses in the international market and attaining important clients in the USA, Europe and Asia.

    With negotiations initiated in December of 2007, Embraer purchased the 40% of the capital belonging to Liebherr Aerospace in July of 2008, controlling the totality of ELEB shares. The operational activities remained unaltered and the company's corporate name was altered to ELEB Equipamentos Ltda., so as to reflect the new shareholder structure.

    Located in São José dos Campos (SP), ELEB focuses on the aerospace area and produces landing gears and hydraulic and electromechanical components such as, actuators, valves, accumulators and pylons. The company has mastered the product's full cycle, from its conception and development, including tests, certification and manufacturing, to post-sales support. Its market includes mid-sized commercial aviation, helicopters, executive aviation and defense aviation segments.

    The company relies on a modern Service Center, qualified to provide a Maintenance, Repair and Overhaul Center for landing gears, servo commands, actuators, pylons, among other hydraulic and electromechanical components.

    For further information go to www.eleb.net.

    China

    Beijng

    • Embraer China Airchaft Technical Services
    • Suite 1806, Tower 2, China Central Place
    • Office Building
    • No. 79 Jianguo Road
    • Chaoyang District
    • Beijing 100025
    • Phone: +86 10 6598 9988
    • Fax: +86 10 6598 9986
    • Beijing - BJS
     
     
     

    As a result of the partnership between Embraer and the Chinese government and clients, the office in Beijing was inaugurated in May of 2000. Since then, this partnership has intensified, with emphasis to the construction of a Replacement Parts Distribution Center at the Beijing International Airport, inaugurated in March of 2002.

    On the day in which Embraer was celebrating its 7th anniversary of the operations in China, new facilities were being inaugurated at the China Central Place Office Building, in the new Central Business District area, on the eastern side of Beijing.

    China

    Harbin

    • Harbin Embraer Aircraft Industry
    • 15 Youxie St.,
    • Pingfang, Harbin
    • 150066 P.R.China
    • Harbin Embraer Aircraft Industry - HEAI
    • Harbin Embraer Aircraft Industry - HEAI
    • Harbin Embraer Aircraft Industry - HEAI

    Founded in December of 2002, Harbin Embraer Aircraft Industry (HEAI), located in Harbin, capital of the Heilongjiang province, is the result of a joint venture between Embraer and Harbin Aircraft Industry Group Co. Ltd. and Hafei Aviation Industry Co., controlled by China Aviation Industry Corporation II (AVIC II).

    HEAI established itself as the first Embraer industrial venture outside of Brazil, with the objective of producing, assembling and coordinating the sales and post-sales operations of the ERJ 145 airplanes.

    The results from this partnership couldn’t have been better. Besides the fact that the thousandth ERJ 145 aircraft having been produced by HEAI and delivered to a Chinese client, Embraer reached 52% market share for aircrafts with up to 120 seats in 2009.

    USA

    Fort Lauderdale

    • Embraer Aircraft Holding, Inc.
    • 276 S.W. 34th Street
    • Fort Lauderdale, Florida
    • 33315 United States
    • Phone: +1 954 359 3700
    • Fort Lauderdale - FLL
    • Fort Lauderdale - FLL
    • Fort Lauderdale - FLL

    In October of 1979, the Embraer Aircraft Company (EAC) initiated its activities at an Aero Industries office in the city of Dania, Florida; with the objective of providing support for the growing EMB 110 Bandeirante fleet in the United States.

    In 1981, EAC moved to an address near the original one in Fort Lauderdale, next to the Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport, with the purpose of concentrating its sales activities in North America and provide technical support to the new clients in the area.

    Besides being responsible for the sale of aircrafts, the Fort Lauderdale unit promotes training for pilots and mechanics, supplies replacement parts and provides technical assistance by using a modern data processing system. In October of 2008, Embraer inaugurated a Maintenance, Repair and Overhaul Center at the same location in order to service executive jets.

    USA

    Nashville

    • Embraer Aircraft Maintenance Services, Inc.
    • 10 Airways Blvd.
    • Nashville, Tennessee
    • 37217 United States
    • Phone: +1 615 367 2100
    • Fax: +1 615 367 4327
    • Nashville – BNA
    • Nashville – BNA
    • Nashville – BNA

    Located in the North American state of Tennessee, the unit was created with the acquisition of Reliance Aerotech Inc., the Celsius Aerotech Inc. operational structure, by Embraer Aircraft Maintenance Services (EAMS), in March of 2002.

    The unit is responsible for the maintenance and the restoration of aircraft interiors, for the repair of components and general overhaul, especially for the North American market. In 2005, the facilities were expanded in order to meet the growing demand for complete maintenance services of aircrafts of that country, especially the new family of EMBRAER 170/190 jets.

    USA

    Mesa

    • Embraer Executive Jet Services
    • 5643 S. Avery Circle
    • Mesa, AZ 85212
    • Mesa
    • Mesa
    • Mesa

    In September of 2008, Embraer inaugurated a new Maintenance, Repair and Overhaul – MRO Center for executive jets at the Phoenix-Mesa Gateway Airport, in the city of Mesa, Arizona.

    The unit executes services for Phenom 100, Phenom 300, Legacy 600 and Legacy 650 executive jets.

    USA

    Bradley

    • Embraer Executive Jet Services
    • 41 Perimeter Road
    • Windsor Locks, CT 06096
    • Mesa
     
     
     

    Embraer’s U.S. fleet of Phenom 100, Phenom 300, Legacy 600 and Legacy 650 executive jets have a third option of Embraer, The Company’s Bradley International Airport service center in Windsor Locks, CT, inaugurated on October, 2008.

    The Connecticut service center had been operating as an Aircraft On Ground (AOG) services facility, since its opening, in 2008. Since February 2011, expanded its activities offering full scale maintenance services to the burgeoning Northeastern fleet of Embraer Executive Jets.

    The MRO service center at Bradley International Airport provide full-service aircraft care, including routine inspection, scheduled and unscheduled maintenance, and airframe, engine, avionics, and other systems repairs, 24/7 assistance, AOG mobile rescue teams, and an inventory of expendable and repairable parts.

    USA

    Melbourne

    • 1205 General Aviation Drive
    • Melbourne, Florida
    • United States 32901
    • Melbourne
    • Melbourne
    • Melbourne

    Embraer celebrated the opening of its first U.S. aircraft final assembly plant, on February, 2011, at Melbourne International Airport, in Melbourne, Florida. The new 80,000-square-foot hangar and paint shop facility are dedicated to the executive jet business, where it began operations with the production of the Phenom 100. When the unit's total capacity is reached, up to eight Phenom jets will be produced every month.

    In May 2008, Embraer announced Melbourne as its location for the new facility. In December of that year, the company broke ground on the first phase of the construction – the production hangar and the paint shop.

    A second construction phase for the company’s Customer Center has already begun. At this facility, customers will be able to design the interiors of their Phenom, Legacy and Lineage executive jets with the use of high-end 3D visualization technology, supported by a showroom with a vast collection of interior finishing materials. It is scheduled to be completed by the time Embraer delivers the first Phenom 100 assembled at the facility, in the fourth quarter of 2011.

    France

    Villepinte

    • Bat. Eddington Paris Nord II 33, Rue des Vanesses
    • Villepinte, Paris
    • BP 57391 France
    • Phone: +33 (0) 1 49 38 4400
    • Fax: +33 (0) 1 49 38 4401
    • Villepinte
    • Villepinte
    • Villepinte

    With the purpose of providing better services to the growing European market, in 2001 Embraer installed the unit that, in 2006, would become the company's official headquarters in the continent in Villepinte, near the Paris – Charles de Gaulle Airport.

    The unit is focused on client support, administration and information technology areas, besides commercializing airplanes and replacement parts for the Company's Commercial, Executive and Defense aviation, in Europe as well as in the Middle East and Africa.

    France

    Le Bourget

    • Embraer Aviation International
    • Aéroport du Bourget
    • Zone d'Aviation d'Affaires - BP74
    • Le Bourget
    • BP 57391 France
    • Phone: +33 1 49 38 4400
    • Fax: +33 1 49 38 4401
    • Le Bourget
    • Le Bourget
    • Le Bourget

    Embraer Aviation International (EAI), with headquarters in Le Bourget, Paris, was inaugurated in May of 1983, with the objective of concentrating sales and providing technical support to the new Embraer clients in Europe, Middle East and Africa.

    Among its first responsibilities, emphasis was placed on the support to the fleet of over 50 turboprop twin engine EMB 121 Xingu aircrafts, which were purchased from the French Navy (Marine Nationale) and Air Force (Armée de l’Air), with the first delivery taking place in 1982. The EMB 120 Brasilia, which has been in operation in Europe since 1986, has also gained importance due to the expressive increase in the number of regional turboprop aircrafts. This activity was later transferred to the Villepinte unit.

    With the constantly growing presence of Embraer in the region, a new Service Center began to operate at the unit in 2008, which is exclusively dedicated to the executive jet fleet, expanding its actions to Russia, United Kingdom and Eastern Europe.

    Portugal

    Alverca

    • OGMA
    • 2615 – 173
    • Alverca, Portugal
    • Phone: +351 21 958​​ 1000 / 21 957 9000
    • Fax: + 351 21 958 1288 / 21 958 0401
    • Alverca
    • Alverca
    • Alverca

    OGMA's history goes back to the reorganization of the Portuguese Military Aeronautical Service and the creation of the Aeronautical Material Park in July of 1918, centered on the licensed manufacturing of airplanes and engines for military aviation. In 1928, this structure became the General Aeronautical Material Workshops (OGMA). With the creation of the Portuguese Air Force (FAP) in 1952, OGMA went through a period of major development and modernization. However, during the 70's, there was a significant reduction of its activities and OGMA essentially became dedicated to the maintenance of airplanes, engines and components. In 1994, its bylaws for the Establishment of the Armed Forces, integrated in the Air Force, were altered to make it an exclusively public Incorporated Company, under the tutelage of the Defense Ministry.

    From then on, OGMA – Aeronautical Industry of Portugal Inc., established itself as an important aircraft maintenance company. Located in the city of Alverca, the company had 100% of its capital under the control of the Portuguese government until 2004, when a privatization process of 65% of the capital was opened, declaring the consortium formed by Embraer and the European Defense and Space Company (EADS) as the winner. Airholding SGPS Inc. was created, with Embraer controlling 70% of the capital and EADS controlling the remaining 30%. Thus, Embraer has executive control of OGMA.

    In July of 2006, the construction of a hangar, completely dedicated to the maintenance, repair and overhaul of executive jets was concluded. The area was completely renovated, with new workshops and reception areas that meet the requirements of executive aviation's demanding clients and flight crews.

    Its main activities are the maintenance, repair, general overhaul, modernization, modification and integration of aircrafts, engines, avionics and accessories. It is also responsible for the manufacturing and assembly of aircraft components and structures in metal or in composite materials.

    Portugal

    Évora

    • Praça De Sertório
    • Gabinete de Apoio da Presidencia
    • 7004-506 Portugal
    • Évora
    • Évora
    • Évora

    In 2008, Embraer announced the implementation of two new facilities in Portugal, located in the city of Évora, south of Lisbon, and dedicated to the manufacturing of machined metallic structures and ensembles made of composite materials.

    The location of the centers of excellence in Évora, resulted in a careful evaluation, which included several factors, such as the potential access to qualified labor, logistical infrastructure and the existence of the Aeronautical Industrial Park, located near the municipal airport.

    Singapore

    Singapore

    • 391B Orchard Road, #24-02
    • Ngee Ann City - Tower B
    • 238874 Singapore
    • Phone: +65 6734 4321
    • Fax: +65 6734 8255
    • Singapore - SIN
     
     
     

    Embraer's office in Singapore, a location considered as one of the main flight distribution centers in Asia and the Pacific, was established in December of 2000. Embraer Asia and Pacific (EAP) was created in late 2006, and during the following year, the company inaugurated a regional distribution center for the Embraer round-the-clock replacement parts operations and maintenance, repair and inventory services for Embraer's commercial aircraft clients in the region.

    Still in 2007, a world class training center was created for the E-Jets, located at the Changi Airport, at the Alteon Boeing facilities. The center had a Level D flight simulator, being a computer-based training excellence center for clients in the region. In June of 2010, the simulator was sold to the Flight Safety Company.

    In 2010, Embraer's entire logistical support and commercial aircraft parts, as well as for the executive jets in the region, started to be managed by the regional distribution center in Singapore.


​​